HazMat Endorsement Class
Open to anyone applying for a CDL HazMat Endorsement.
This is NOT an enrollment into our CDL Program. To enroll, visit www.starkstate.edu/CDL
- What to Bring: Driver's License
- Location: Stark State College CDL Training Center, 2270 Picton Parkway, Akron 44312
- Cost: $85
- Time: 8am-4pm with lunch break
- Questions? CDL@starkstate.edu
This class provides necessary training by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) requirements. Successful completion of this course will result in the entry of the individual’s name and license number in the federal Training Provider Registry. It does NOT confer a HAZMAT CDL endorsement. Successful completion includes a comprehensive, 20-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher.
To obtain a HAZMAT CDL endorsement, an individual must be age 21 or over, complete a Transportation Security Association (TSA) background check and pass written tests as administered by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. This information is covered in this class.
Topics covered include:
1. Basic Introductory HM Requirements
2. Operational HM Requirements
3. Reporting HM Crashes and Releases
4. Tunnels & Railroad-Highway Grade Crossing
5. Loading and Unloading HM
6. HM on Passenger Vehicles
7. Bulk Packages
8. Operating Emergency Equipment
9. Emergency Response Procedures
10. Engine (Fueling)
11. Tire Check
12. Routes and Route Planning
13. Hazardous Materials Safety Permits
Workforce training students who wish to withdraw from classes must notify us at 330-494-6170 ext. 5459 two or more business days before the start of classes for a full refund. If course delivery has begun, a refund will not be issued.
The College reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient enrollment. In the event the course is cancelled due to low enrollment, a full refund will be issued.
After registering, please email your name and driver's license number to CDL@starkstate.edu.